Lorena Monda, one of our senior Sheng Zhen teachers, has shared these words of wisdom to help guide us with Sheng Zhen spirit. You may find more on the FaceBook page All Hands On Deck. As a community there is something we can do every day to help create a loving, peaceful world in which everyone feels safe.
“Many of us feel a sense of alarm and urgency at the state of our nation and our planet and the beings on it. Fear activates a strong response in us—to fight, flee or freeze (go numb). Mindfulness is a powerful tool that can transform our fear into effective action.
Let us know what you are doing….No action is too small.
We are all affected by the state of the world. Through mindful Cultivation, Participation, and Connection, we can each make a difference in our own small way.
At a time when the material resources of the planet are being consumed at an alarming rate, it is time to mindfully cultivate and activate the nonmaterial resources that lie within each of us. These resources are our gifts to ourselves, to others, and to the planet. They help us deal with what life brings. Each of us has something to give. Here are some of examples of nonmaterial resources:
Caring. Clarity. Communication. Commitment. Compassion. Connectedness. Courage. Creativity. Dedication. Determination. Empathy. Fairness. Faith. Flexibility. Focus. Forgiveness. Gentleness. Gratitude. Happiness. Harmony. Honesty. Hope. Insight. Inspiration. Integration. Integrity. Joy. Justice. Kindness. Love. Loyalty. Mindfulness. Nurturance. Openness. Participation. Patience. Peace. Perseverance. Power. Protectiveness. Prudence. Purpose. Responsibility. Sensitivity. Simplicity. Sincerity. Solidity. Steadfastness. Strength. Tenacity. Tenderness. Tolerance. Trust. Understanding. Willingness. Wisdom.
Make a commitment to do something every day. Everyone’s contribution is important. We are all in this together and each of us holds a piece of the solution.
What are YOU doing to make a difference? We want to know. Climb on board to join our crew. Send us an email (text, video, audio, whatever) to let us know what you are doing to make a difference. It doesn’t matter how big or small ~ so long as you are doing something!
The Time is NOW. Help Spread the Message:
ALL HANDS ON DECK!
Forward to your Facebook, send a Tweet to your friends, share the message through LinkedIn.
Ask everyone you know to get onboard.”
Please check out our teacher page and calendar to find a class. The Sheng Zhen practice gifts us with the tools to live a healthy, happy life – to stay calmly centered within, to have mental clarity, and balanced emotions.
Posted on November 14, 2016
SZA utilizes two SZA e-mail lists, one for all Sheng Zhen Austin Volunteers, and one for issues involving Sheng Zhen Teachers. Here’s how to access them:
- Sheng Zhen Austin Volunteers – a Google Group. No Administrator. Add yourself, or more e-mail addresses by the following method.
Find and join a group
Go to the Google Groups homepage, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!overview
Groups usually have a name that indicates the subject of the group, such as “cooking” or “music.” To find and join a group:
- From the Home screen, type a subject, such as “cooking” in the search field.
- Press the Search button. A list of groups and messages is displayed.
- Click on a group name, such as “Live music.” The Topics screen appears displaying a series of topics.
- Click on the ‘Join group’ link. The Join group dialog box appears.
- Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box.
- Click the Join this group button. You are now a member of the group
Repeat this process once for each e-mail address you use to access the group.
To leave the group, or delete an e-mail address from the group, there are 4 options:
- Option 1: Reply to an email from the group with REMOVE ME as the subject of your message.
- Option 2: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, if you want to leave the group email@example.com, you can remove yourself by sending a blank email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 3: Send a blank email (no text in the body of the message) with the subject line: “Unsubscribe” to the group’s email address
- Option 4: Edit your settings.
- Open Google Groups.
- Click My Groups > name of the group you want to edit.
- In the upper-right corner, click My Settings > Leave this group.
- Sheng Zhen Teachers list, hosted on Live Oak Hosting. To join, quit, add, or change e-mail addresses for this list, please send an e-mail message to the moderator, Kenneth.email@example.com. Please state clearly and briefly which action you wish to take.
Posted on August 3, 2014
Sample a variety of qigong movements and forms in this free workshop. Sheng Zhen Gong involves gentle movement, breath, and stillness that nurture your awareness and a kind relationship with your body and self. Qigong helps induce a relaxation response that may positively impact the body’s natural healing ability. Several Sheng Zhen Gong teachers in the Austin Area will demonstrate and lead you through a variety of Sheng Zhen Movements. A regular class to begin at this location on Saturday, July 26. You can experience a sampling of what the class will present.
Saturday, July 19, 2014. World Kung Fu Exchange, 4634 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78756. 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on June 19, 2014